Documentation
Community
Add-Ons & Services

Any tool to convert Solaris C++/C to POCO based C++/C

A general discussion forum.

Any tool to convert Solaris C++/C to POCO based C++/C

Postby rajamohanareddy » 02 Feb 2010, 12:57

Dear friends,

I am in the process of porting C++/C code writted for Solaris Platform to Linux and Windows.
I have been suggested to use POCO for this purpose. But as I have kilos of Kilos C/C++ code, I am in the search of any tool which convert Solaris Syntax to POCO syntax. Request your help..
I appreciate your response.

Raja
rajamohanareddy

Re: Any tool to convert Solaris C++/C to POCO based C++/C

Postby alex » 02 Feb 2010, 21:54

rajamohanareddy wrote:I have been suggested to use POCO for this purpose. But as I have kilos of Kilos C/C++ code, I am in the search of any tool which convert Solaris Syntax to POCO syntax. Request your help..

I'd say, before anything else, you should familiarize yourself with technologies you are dealing with. First, there is no such thing as C/C++ language. Code is either C or C++ with C, for vast majority of practical purposes, being a subset of C++. Second, there is no such thing as Solaris and Poco syntax (I suspect that by "Solaris syntax" you mean CC non-standard extensions). If your code is C++, then you have C++ syntax. So, finally to get to the answer to your question: there is no such tool that would convert your code to Poco code. Things do not work like that. You'll have to look into what your code does and what equivalent functionality does Poco offer and refactor or rewrite it using Poco. As for proprietary compiler extensions, you'll have to address all of them in a standard-compliant way in order to make your code portable.

HTH
alex

Re: Any tool to convert Solaris C++/C to POCO based C++/C

Postby rajamohanareddy » 03 Feb 2010, 06:31

Hi Alex,
Greetings.. Thanks for your reply, I mean to say C and C++. I know that it is not a syntax it is code.
So there is no tool to do my job.
Again thanks for your reply..
rajamohanareddy

Return to General Discussion