Documentation
Community
Add-Ons & Services

FTP Uploading Directory

A general discussion forum.

FTP Uploading Directory

Postby evstevemd » 28 Jun 2014, 18:27

Hi,
I have been using libcurl and I can say its a nightmare on recursive upload. Its not libcurl's faulty but rather I have not yet grasped it so well as to use it correctly (it works great for single upload/creating directory). I thought I should try poco or boost but prefered to check poco first since its what I have slightest idea. Now before I start using it I would like to know from you experts here of these question:
1. How effective can poco queue files/directory creation? All I want to do is recursive upload directory and then track success and failure. I can use poco or wWidgets to get all files and subfolders but I want to manage the uploads myself so that I calculate percentages of current uploads as well as total uploads and give user option to try re-upload failed ones (re-writting my simple FTP client)
2. How much app size will poco add with that single functionality (I know there are dependencies like core). I do not want to swell my app that much

Thanks in advance!
stefano
evstevemd

Re: FTP Uploading Directory

Postby alex » 28 Jun 2014, 22:18

1. Sounds like a good use-case for RecursiveDirectoryIterator and NotificationCenter

2. You will need Foundation and Net, so whatever the size of those is on your platform; on posix, you can use --poquito to shrink it a bit, on windows you'll have to manually modify Config.h
alex

Re: FTP Uploading Directory

Postby evstevemd » 29 Jun 2014, 10:02

alex wrote:1. Sounds like a good use-case for RecursiveDirectoryIterator and NotificationCenter

2. You will need Foundation and Net, so whatever the size of those is on your platform; on posix, you can use --poquito to shrink it a bit, on windows you'll have to manually modify Config.h

Thanks a lot alex!
evstevemd

Return to General Discussion