Documentation
Community
Add-Ons & Services

SecureSMTPClientSession.h no such file

A general discussion forum.

SecureSMTPClientSession.h no such file

Postby steveguns » 09 Aug 2014, 15:01

Hi guys,
I am trying out a small project to send an email from my gmail account using c++ and I am referring the below linkhttp://axistasoft.com/blog/poco/poco-net/item/sending-email-messages-using-poco-securestreamsocket-securesmtpclientsession-class
I installed all necessary library including openssl, but i keeping getting an error "SecureSMTPClientSession.h no such header file" because there is no such file in the include folder. should i install some other package for this file?
steveguns

Re: SecureSMTPClientSession.h no such file

Postby alex » 09 Aug 2014, 21:06

The file most certainly does exist. You are likely not telling your compiler where to look for it.
alex

Postby steveguns » 10 Aug 2014, 12:27

Hi Alex, sorry for that over sight, i didnt know by default poco extracts in /usr/local. but now i am getting the following errors and am guessing it is because i have to link the NetSSL_OpenSSL library. But i dont seem to find this to be installed/extracted. Anyone has any idea?

Test3.cpp:(.text.startup+0x1dc): undefined reference to `Poco::Net::initializeSSL()'
Test3.cpp:(.text.startup+0x3fc): undefined reference to `Poco::Net::SecureSMTPClientSession::SecureSMTPClientSession(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, unsigned short)'
Test3.cpp:(.text.startup+0x416): undefined reference to `Poco::Net::SecureSMTPClientSession::startTLS()'
Test3.cpp:(.text.startup+0x477): undefined reference to `Poco::Net::uninitializeSSL()'
Test3.cpp:(.text.startup+0x484): undefined reference to `Poco::Net::SecureSMTPClientSession::~SecureSMTPClientSession()'
Test3.cpp:(.text.startup+0x5c3): undefined reference to `Poco::Net::SecureSMTPClientSession::~SecureSMTPClientSession()'
Test3.cpp:(.text.startup+0x6c0): undefined reference to `Poco::Net::uninitializeSSL()'
Test3.cpp:(.text.startup+0x6d2): undefined reference to `Poco::Net::SecureSMTPClientSession::~SecureSMTPClientSession()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
steveguns

Postby alex » 12 Aug 2014, 03:26

yeah, you have to link with libPocoNetSSL
alex

Return to General Discussion