Documentation
Community
Add-Ons & Services

WebSocket Tutorial / Example

A general discussion forum.

WebSocket Tutorial / Example

Postby m3c0nfus3d » 20 Aug 2014, 16:23

Hi,

I am very new to the POCO libraries and I would like to know if there is a tutorial or examples on WebSockets available. I know what I want to do with WebSockets but I don't know how to yet. I want to allow multiple users to connect and give each user an identical page, I then need to push user specific content to the page when it becomes available. So if user's Bob and Alice are connected I can send Alice her content without Bob seeing it, and of course vice-versa.

In Visual Studio 2013 I have already built the v1.5.3 Foundation and Net libraries and I have a working variation of the WebSocketServer, but I now have a ! over my head as to what to do next. I would really appreciate any help, pointers and or references anyone cares to share.

--
Thanks

Bill
m3c0nfus3d

Re: WebSocket Tutorial / Example

Postby alex » 21 Aug 2014, 00:49

We have Net/WebSocketServer and Data/WebNotifier examples. We also have a pub/sub WebSocket event notifier module in the works but can't promise when that will be released, it all depends on our spare time which is usually scarce.
alex

Re: WebSocket Tutorial / Example

Postby m3c0nfus3d » 21 Aug 2014, 09:12

Thanks for the reply Alex.

I already have a variation of the Net/WebSocketServer working. I will have a proper look at the other link but a cursory glance tells me it might me useful.

In the mean time I'll start reading the docs.

--
Bill
m3c0nfus3d

Return to General Discussion