Overview
Features
Download
Documentation
Community
Add-Ons & Services

Borland C++

Praise, success stories and a list of organizations using the POCO C++ Libraries.

Borland C++

Postby sibo » 02 Jul 2008, 16:10

hi,

I just downloaded poco with the hope of using it for my socket programming and also using threads. I was wondering if poco do work in Borland C++, i saw with visual C++ it does, but in my project they requested that i use Borland C++ version 6. anyone with word of advice
sibo

Re: Borland C++

Postby alex » 03 Jul 2008, 03:28

> anyone with word of advice

Borland compiler is not officially supported. If you manage to compile POCO with Borland compiler and submit the patches, we'll be glad to incorporate them into the codebase. Also, if you are willing to take ownership of the Borland build system, we'll welcome that, too.

BTW, this is not exactly the right forum. [url=http://pocoproject.org/poco/wiki/tiki-view_forum.php?forumId=6|Support] or http://pocoproject.org/poco/wiki/tiki-view_forum.php?forumId=3]Wishlist[/url would have been a more appropriate place for this kind of post.
alex

Postby guenter » 03 Jul 2008, 07:01

I am not sure you'll have luck with Borland C++ 6. From the past, I remember some issues with regards to C++ standard conformity with that compiler (but that may have also been with BCB 5, it was a long time ago...)
guenter

Postby pcunite » 18 Nov 2008, 18:39

> hi,
> I was wondering if poco do work in Borland C++, i saw with visual C++ it does, but
> in my project they requested that i use Borland C++ version 6. anyone with word
> of advice

Your best bet would be to use __CB2007__ (C++ Builder 2007) or newer as they have made strides in being conformant.
pcunite

Return to Known Users, Praise and Success Stories