Overview
Features
Download
Documentation
Community
Add-Ons & Services

uClibc - undefined reference to `shm_open'

Please post support and help requests here.

uClibc - undefined reference to `shm_open'

Postby baroo » 15 Oct 2009, 17:38

Hi
I try to compile Poco C++ library against uClibc (in OpenWrt). I`ve managed with some minor problems, but still I can't compile it because of the following problem:
Code: Select all
undefined reference to `shm_open'

I'm wondering If there is any switch to make poco compatible with uclibc because AFAIK uclibc doesn't support shm.

Thanks for any help

Bartek Kois
baroo

Re: uClibc - undefined reference to `shm_open'

Postby guenter » 15 Oct 2009, 19:56

Look at the DigiEL build configuration. This is for an embedded Linux system based on uClibc. Specifically, you should compile with -DPOCO_NO_FPENVIRONMENT -DPOCO_NO_WSTRING -DPOCO_NO_SHAREDMEMORY.
guenter

Postby baroo » 15 Oct 2009, 21:30

Hi
It works perfectly (I haven't noticed that option before). Now I have problem with xml (I don't know which "standard libraries" I need to compile poco. It wasn't a problem on my PC but it is on openwrt):

Code: Select all
/work/kamikaze/build_dir/target-arm_glibc-2.6.1/poco-1.3.5/lib/Linux/ARM/libPocoXMLd.so: undefined reference to `XmlInitEncodingNS'
/work/kamikaze/build_dir/target-arm_glibc-2.6.1/poco-1.3.5/lib/Linux/ARM/libPocoXMLd.so: undefined reference to `XmlGetUtf8InternalEncodingNS'
/work/kamikaze/build_dir/target-arm_glibc-2.6.1/poco-1.3.5/lib/Linux/ARM/libPocoXMLd.so: undefined reference to `XmlParseXmlDeclNS'
/work/kamikaze/build_dir/target-arm_glibc-2.6.1/poco-1.3.5/lib/Linux/ARM/libPocoXMLd.so: undefined reference to `XmlInitUnknownEncodingNS'
/work/kamikaze/build_dir/target-arm_glibc-2.6.1/poco-1.3.5/lib/Linux/ARM/libPocoXMLd.so: undefined reference to `XmlPrologStateInitExternalEntity'
baroo

Postby guenter » 16 Oct 2009, 06:40

These symbols are defined in XML/src/xmltok.c and XML/src/xmlrole.c. Aren't you using the POCO build system to build POCO?
guenter

Postby baroo » 16 Oct 2009, 15:46

I'm using POCO build enviroment with GCCEMBEDLINUX config and some minor changes (like NO_SHARED_MEMORY or specific compiler). Everything is compiling fine except these XML tests (but I disabled them). I plan to recive my target platfrom next week and then test if that compilation was fully successful.
baroo

Return to Support