Overview
Features
Download
Documentation
Community
Add-Ons & Services

POCO 1.3.3 RC1 on Mac OSX 10.5

Please post support and help requests here.

POCO 1.3.3 RC1 on Mac OSX 10.5

Postby bird » 27 Sep 2008, 06:04

I'm unable to compile POCO 1.3.3 RC1 on my Mac running OSX 10.5.5 by following the instructions in the README file since there doesn't appear an appropriate config file available and I'm too much of a "make challenged" newbie to make one myself.

I prefer using XCode anyway and for starters was able to build and test Foundation as a static lib . But I did have to make some changes to the Foundation source in order to compile without error using XCode 2.5

In File_UNIX.h, Poco/Timestamp.h had to be included ( it is there in File_WIN32.h )
In File_UNIX.cpp, Poco/Path.h had to be included
In DirectoryIterator_UNIX.cpp, Poco/File.h had to be included

In Thread_POSIX.cpp, #undef PAGE_SIZE
In UUID.h, #undef nil

In pcre_internal.h #define BOOL int

I also successfully built Foundation as a static lib using XCode 3.1 but ran into a bunch of linker errors that I can't figure out yet while trying to run the FoundationTestSuite.

-Steve

bird

Re: POCO 1.3.3 RC1 on Mac OSX 10.5

Postby guenter » 29 Sep 2008, 11:26

Everything should work fine on Mac OS X without changes. A lot of POCO development is, in fact, being done on Mac OS X.

Simply run
Code: Select all

$ ./configure
Configured for Darwin
$ make -s -j4

guenter

Re: POCO 1.3.3 RC1 on Mac OSX 10.5

Postby bird » 29 Sep 2008, 16:31

I've tried that but get compiler errors. I've tried making both SHARED and STATIC versions and one error common to both is:

/Xcode2.5/usr/bin/../libexec/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: can't locate file for: -lstdc++

I'm running on a G4 powerbook and the latest OSX 10.5.5

-Steve
bird

Return to Support