Overview
Features
Download
Documentation
Community
Add-Ons & Services

Compiler Help

Please post support and help requests here.

Compiler Help

Postby amarcionek » 27 Mar 2009, 17:47

Hello. Once I include #include <Poco/Net/HTTPClientSession.h> in a project file, I'm getting a bunch of function and struct type redefinition errors. Any macros or settings I need to look at to this fix? Here are some examples:

c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winsock2.h(112) : error C2011: 'fd_set' : 'struct' type redefinition
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winsock.h(54) : see declaration of 'fd_set'

c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\ws2tcpip.h(28) : error C2011: 'ip_mreq' : 'struct' type redefinition
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winsock.h(372) : see declaration of 'ip_mreq'

I do include winsock.h in another file in the project, but even if I change that to winsock2.h, I still get the error.

The following libraries are under Additional Dependencies: odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib netapi32.lib
The following two include directories were included in the project: N:\PROJECTS\poco-1.3.3p1-all\Foundation\include,N:\PROJECTS\poco-1.3.3p1-all\Net\include
Here are my preprocessor defs: _WINDOWS;_WIN32_WINNT=0x0502;_SS_ENV_UNT;NDEBUG;WIN32;_GEN_DLL;UNICODE;

It must be some other library I'm using linking with WinSock.h, right?

Thanks.
amarcionek

Re: Compiler Help

Postby amarcionek » 27 Mar 2009, 17:57

OK, I added WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN to preprocessor and it compiled file. We include windows.h in a bunch of places which also includes winsock.h.
amarcionek

Return to Support