Overview
Features
Download
Documentation
Community
Add-Ons & Services

"crypto.lib" file

Please post support and help requests here.

"crypto.lib" file

Postby rafe1982 » 13 Nov 2012, 05:51

Hello,

I'm wondering if someone who has successfully built the poco crypto libraries can tell me whether or not "crypto.lib" is a file that generates after a successful build.

I am a student working on a simple encryption project, and would like to build somebody else's open-source encryption program to start. The source files for that particular program use qt (which I've installed successfully) as well as POCO crypto. The author provided all of the .cpp and .h files, so I decided I'd try to build POCO in order to generate the rest of the files that it needs.

I do have openssl installed here on my windows box, I used the link in the poco readme (http://www.slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html) to install it. I edited the build script buildwin.cmd to update the correct path to openssl "set OPENSSL_DIR=c:\OpenSSL". I don't have any spaces in my paths to poco or openssl, and everything seems to build ok when I followed the instructions in the readme for building the libraries using Visual Studio 2010.

When I try to build the author's project from his source in qt, I get the following error:
:-1: error: LNK1104: cannot open file 'crypto.lib'

I do not know the author personally, but thought I would check here first before contacting the original developer. I do have several .lib files that got built (PocoCryptomdd.lib, PocoCryptomt.lib, and PocoCryptomtd.lib.) Is crypto.lib supposed to be built along with poco?

Otherwise, if I don't have any luck getting this to build, I am open to trying to build other open-source programs that can encrypt/decrypt with DES (I realize that it's not very secure, but this is for a school project.) Any suggestions (especially if there are build tutorials) would be welcome.

Thanks!
rafe1982

Re: "crypto.lib" file

Postby alex » 13 Nov 2012, 20:57

rafe1982 wrote:I do not know the author personally, but thought I would check here first before contacting the original developer. I do have several .lib files that got built (PocoCryptomdd.lib, PocoCryptomt.lib, and PocoCryptomtd.lib.) Is crypto.lib supposed to be built along with poco?

The POCO stuff obviously builds; I suspect this to be either Qt or the application related. Look if you can find crypto.lib anywhere on your machine and make sure linker can find it. If not, the original author should be able to point you in the right direction.
alex

Return to Support