Overview
Features
Download
Documentation
Community
Add-Ons & Services

MySQL database with capital letters in the name [solved]

Please post support and help requests here.

MySQL database with capital letters in the name [solved]

Postby mkaut » 29 Nov 2012, 11:12

Hello,

I tried to connect to my database using the MySQL connector with the following connection string:
Code: Select all
"host=localhost;db=EnRiMa;user=michal"
but the database kept saying that I do not have access. After spending some time checking my access rights, I checked the error message and found that the code is accessing database "enrima", instead of "EnRiMa". And indeed, after changing the database name to "enrima" everything worked.

So it looks like the database name (or perhaps the whole connection string?) gets casted to lower-case at some point, making it impossible to connect to databases with upper-case letters in them - or is there some way around this?

I really hope there is a workaround for this. Otherwise, I would consider it a serious bug - I cannot tell other people to change the names of their databases, because I cannot deal with upper-case letters..

Thanks.

Michal
Last edited by mkaut on 30 Nov 2012, 11:39, edited 1 time in total.
mkaut

Re: connect to MySQL database with capital letters in the na

Postby alex » 29 Nov 2012, 19:24

It's a bug. Connector names (eg. "odbc", "mysql", "sqlite") are internally kept in lowercase. Someone took the idea bit too far and lowercased the whole connection string in SessionImpl.

EDIT: added URL to GitHub issue
alex

Re: connect to MySQL database with capital letters in the na

Postby mkaut » 30 Nov 2012, 11:38

Alex,

thanks for the answer and for filing the bug. Strange it was not spotted before - does nobody use upper-case in their passwords?

I will marked the thread as solved - even if the problem is not solved, the question itself is..

Michal
mkaut

Return to Support