Overview
Features
Download
Documentation
Community
Add-Ons & Services

DeviceIO - serial comm support

Please post support and help requests here.
mgraine

DeviceIO - serial comm support

Postby mgraine » 18 Mar 2013, 06:54

Hello,

I cant seem to post a topic and reply in the threads, please verify my account which has beed registered last week.

Can i ask what poco version should i build the DeviceIO (sandbox\DeviceIO\Serial) package in the sandbox?

I am getting the following errors using Visual Studio 2008.

Thank You.

######################################################################

1>------ Build started: Project: TestSuite, Configuration: debug_shared Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>cl : Command line warning D9035 : option 'Wp64' has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release
1>SerialTestHW.cpp
1>e:\poco-1.4.6\sandbox\deviceio\serial\testsuite\src\serialtesthw.cpp(131) : error C2064: term does not evaluate to a function taking 0 arguments
1> class does not define an 'operator()' or a user defined conversion operator to a pointer-to-function or reference-to-function that takes appropriate number of arguments
1>e:\poco-1.4.6\sandbox\deviceio\serial\testsuite\src\serialtesthw.cpp(131) : error C2248: 'Poco::ActiveResult<RT>::ActiveResult' : cannot access private member declared in class 'Poco::ActiveResult<RT>'
1> with
1> [
1> RT=std::string
1> ]
1> e:\poco-1.4.6\foundation\include\poco\activeresult.h(388) : see declaration of 'Poco::ActiveResult<RT>::ActiveResult'
1> with
1> [
1> ]
1>SerialTestSW.cpp
1>e:\poco-1.4.6\sandbox\deviceio\serial\testsuite\src\serialtestsw.cpp(118) : error C2064: term does not evaluate to a function taking 0 arguments
1> class does not define an 'operator()' or a user defined conversion operator to a pointer-to-function or reference-to-function that takes appropriate number of arguments
1>e:\poco-1.4.6\sandbox\deviceio\serial\testsuite\src\serialtestsw.cpp(118) : error C2248: 'Poco::ActiveResult<RT>::ActiveResult' : cannot access private member declared in class 'Poco::ActiveResult<RT>'
1> with
1> [
1> ]
1> e:\poco-1.4.6\foundation\include\poco\activeresult.h(388) : see declaration of 'Poco::ActiveResult<RT>::ActiveResult'
1> with
1> [
1> ]
1>Generating Code...
1>Build log was saved at "file://e:\poco-1.4.6\sandbox\DeviceIO\Serial\testsuite\obj\debug_shared\BuildLog.htm"
1>TestSuite - 4 error(s), 1 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

alex

Re: DeviceIO - serial comm support

Postby alex » 18 Mar 2013, 13:38

Try 1.5.1.

To prevent spam, first posts are held for moderation. You should be ok now.

mgraine

Postby mgraine » 18 Mar 2013, 18:10

thanks alex,

btw, i have tried 1.4.x, and 1.5.1, they all have that compilation error that i am having. do you know what could be the error?
is the deviceIO broken?, sorry but im not that good at working on templates.

i manage to just read/write through streams and it's working ok.
but i still need to test it further, would you happen to know if how i can trap an exception if the serial connection is loss? or maybe just check which property/handle of a class in the deviceIO?

also, can i confirm that the DeviceIO is the right package and not the IO package in the sandbox?

thank you.

mgraine

Postby mgraine » 18 Mar 2013, 18:13

i really want to abandon my boost version of my project which involves serial-io, let me be your guinea pig. ;)

thanks again.

alex

Postby alex » 18 Mar 2013, 19:11

I'll take a look at it tonight; that's been abandoned for a long time. I still know of windows code running in production; other platforms were never fully tested.

alex

Postby alex » 19 Mar 2013, 06:31

fixed, it only wanted void, instead of Void. Simple, no ;)

mgraine

Postby mgraine » 20 Mar 2013, 05:27

ok many thanks alex, will try it again.

mgraine

Postby mgraine » 20 Mar 2013, 13:12

Hello Alex,

I am using the updated repo of the sandbox (git: cbe15).

but i am getting this very same compilation problem log
of the DeviceIO-Serial->TestSuite project for both the 1.4.6 and 1.5.1

Thank You

###########################

1>------ Build started: Project: TestSuite, Configuration: debug_shared Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>cl : Command line warning D9035 : option 'Wp64' has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release
1>SerialTestHW.cpp
1>e:\poco-1.4.6\sandbox\deviceio\include\poco\deviceio\activechannel.h(60) : error C2664: 'Poco::ActiveMethod<ResultType,ArgType,OwnerType>::ActiveMethod(OwnerType *,std::basic_string<_Elem,_Traits,_Ax> (__thiscall Poco::DeviceIO::ActiveChannel<P>::* )(void))' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'std::string (__thiscall Poco::DeviceIO::ActiveChannel<P>::* )(const Poco::Void &)' to 'std::basic_string<_Elem,_Traits,_Ax> (__thiscall Poco::DeviceIO::ActiveChannel<P>::* )(void)'
1> with
1> [
1> ResultType=std::string,
1> ArgType=void,
1> OwnerType=Poco::DeviceIO::ActiveChannel<Poco::DeviceIO::Serial::SerialChannel>,
1> _Elem=char,
1> _Traits=std::char_traits<char>,
1> _Ax=std::allocator<char>,
1> P=Poco::DeviceIO::Serial::SerialChannel
1> ]
1> and
1> [
1> ]
1> and
1> [
1> _Elem=char,
1> ]
1> Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
1> e:\poco-1.4.6\sandbox\deviceio\include\poco\deviceio\activechannel.h(56) : while compiling class template member function 'Poco::DeviceIO::ActiveChannel<P>::ActiveChannel(P &)'
1> with
1> [
1> ]
1> e:\poco-1.4.6\sandbox\deviceio\serial\testsuite\src\serialtesthw.cpp(127) : see reference to class template instantiation 'Poco::DeviceIO::ActiveChannel<P>' being compiled
1> with
1> [
1> ]
1>SerialTestSW.cpp
1>e:\poco-1.4.6\sandbox\deviceio\include\poco\deviceio\activechannel.h(60) : error C2664: 'Poco::ActiveMethod<ResultType,ArgType,OwnerType>::ActiveMethod(OwnerType *,std::basic_string<_Elem,_Traits,_Ax> (__thiscall Poco::DeviceIO::ActiveChannel<P>::* )(void))' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'std::string (__thiscall Poco::DeviceIO::ActiveChannel<P>::* )(const Poco::Void &)' to 'std::basic_string<_Elem,_Traits,_Ax> (__thiscall Poco::DeviceIO::ActiveChannel<P>::* )(void)'
1> with
1> [
1> ResultType=std::string,
1> ArgType=void,
1> OwnerType=Poco::DeviceIO::ActiveChannel<Poco::DeviceIO::Serial::SerialChannel>,
1> _Elem=char,
1> ]
1> and
1> [
1> ]
1> and
1> [
1> _Elem=char,
1> ]
1> Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
1> e:\poco-1.4.6\sandbox\deviceio\include\poco\deviceio\activechannel.h(56) : while compiling class template member function 'Poco::DeviceIO::ActiveChannel<P>::ActiveChannel(P &)'
1> with
1> [
1> ]
1> e:\poco-1.4.6\sandbox\deviceio\serial\testsuite\src\serialtestsw.cpp(114) : see reference to class template instantiation 'Poco::DeviceIO::ActiveChannel<P>' being compiled
1> with
1> [
1> ]
1>Generating Code...
1>Build log was saved at "file://e:\poco-1.4.6\sandbox\DeviceIO\Serial\testsuite\obj\debug_shared\BuildLog.htm"
1>TestSuite - 2 error(s), 1 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

alex

Postby alex » 21 Mar 2013, 04:56

sorry, I forgot to commit this - you also have to remove the 'const Void&' from function signature. see the fix here. I also added VS 2010 projects/solutions

mgraine

Postby mgraine » 21 Mar 2013, 11:41

ok thanks alex, it compiled succesfully, but the Serial->TestSuite tests are all failed when i run it.

http://www.tinyuploads.com/images/VEah9E.png

also can i ask how can i trap the serial connection if it is not availble or unplugged?
is it through the SerialChannel or ChannelOutputStream instances?

many thanks.

Return to “Support”