Overview
Features
Download
Documentation
Community
Add-Ons & Services

Compile POCO C++ for Android on Windows, linking problem

Please post support and help requests here.

Compile POCO C++ for Android on Windows, linking problem

Postby miguelorenes » 16 May 2013, 16:32

I am trying to compile an application for android on windows and I am only able to find the steps to compile POCO C++ for android on Linux: http://pocoproject.org/docs/99300-Andro ... Notes.html.

Code: Select all
export NDK=$HOME/android-ndk-r8d/
mkdir $HOME/my-android-toolchain
$NDK/build/tools/make-standalone-toolchain.sh --platform=android-8 --install-dir=$HOME/my-android-toolchain
export PATH=$PATH:/home/miguel/my-android-toolchain/bin/
./configure --config=Android --no-samples --no-tests
make -s ANDROID_ABI=armeabi-v7a

Then I copy this folder to a windows machine and try to compile my application liking with POCO C++ and the compiler returns:

Warning: C:\Development\poco-1.4.6p1\/lib/Android/armeabi-v7a/libPocoFoundation.a(ArchiveStrategy.o): Unknown EABI object attribute 44
C:\Development\poco-1.4.6p1\/lib/Android/armeabi-v7a/libPocoFoundation.a(TaskManager.o): In function `Poco::TaskManager::start(Poco::Task*)':
TaskManager.cpp:(.text._ZN4Poco11TaskManager5startEPNS_4TaskE+0x74): undefined reference to `std::__detail::_List_node_base::_M_hook(std::__detail::_List_node_base*)'
TaskManager.cpp:(.text._ZN4Poco11TaskManager5startEPNS_4TaskE+0x134): undefined reference to `std::__detail::_List_node_base::_M_unhook()'
C:\Development\poco-1.4.6p1\/lib/Android/armeabi-v7a/libPocoFoundation.a(TaskManager.o): In function `Poco::TaskManager::taskList() const':
TaskManager.cpp:(.text._ZNK4Poco11TaskManager8taskListEv+0x74): undefined reference to `std::__detail::_List_node_base::_M_hook(std::__detail::_List_node_base*)'
C:\Development\poco-1.4.6p1\/lib/Android/armeabi-v7a/libPocoFoundation.a(TaskManager.o): In function `Poco::TaskManager::taskFinished(Poco::Task*)':
TaskManager.cpp:(.text._ZN4Poco11TaskManager12taskFinishedEPNS_4TaskE+0xbc): undefined reference to `std::__detail::_List_node_base::_M_unhook()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

In windows I am compiling with the same android NDK and platform that I used on linux:
C:\Development\Android NDK/platforms/android-8/

Is it correct compile POCO C++ for android on lunix and use it on windows? I think so because I had no problems with another libraries as libopc and boost.
Do somebody know how I can compile POCO C++ for android on windows or find a compiled version?
Many thanks!
miguelorenes

Return to Support