Overview
Features
Download
Documentation
Community
Add-Ons & Services

[RESOLVED] Pocofoudationd.dll not found

Please post support and help requests here.

[RESOLVED] Pocofoudationd.dll not found

Postby Latt » 30 Jun 2009, 23:36

Hi everyone.

I have followed the basic tutorial as far as I could, but now I load one of the sample projects into VS2005, build it without errors but when I try to start it, I am getting an error message that Pocofoundationd.dll is not found - I searched for the file and it is nowhere in the poco folders, so when and how was I supposed to create it ?

Sorry for this noob question, but I'm totally stuck.
Last edited by Latt on 04 Jul 2009, 00:15, edited 1 time in total.
Latt

Re: Pocofoudationd.dll not found

Postby guenter » 02 Jul 2009, 08:53

Provided that you have built the libraries, you can find the DLLs in poco-*\bin
Don't forget to add that directory to your %PATH%.
guenter

Postby Latt » 02 Jul 2009, 14:48

Thanks, I found the file now (Windows Search didn't) and added the bin folder to the %Path% variable, but unfortunately I am still getting the error message "The application could not be started, because PocoFoundation.dll was not found" when I click on release.

Since I am using one of the included examples, the project settings should be correct, I only corrected the paths (with my own code I am getting the same error).
In the tutorial it was not mentioned to add the location of the PocoFoundation.dll to the project settings - do I have to include the .dll or the path to the bin directory in the project settings ?

Aditionally, I copied the PocoFoundation.dll to Windows\system32 with no effect, then used Dependency Walker (for the Mail.exe but it is quite the same for the other examples), which gave me the following result:
POCOFOUNDATION.DLL
??0Path@Poco@@QAE@PBD@Z
??1Path@Poco@@QAE@XZ
?displayText@Exception@Poco@@QBE?AV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@XZ
?getBaseName@Path@Poco@@QBE?AV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@XZ

POCONET.DLL
... (even more statements that I don't understand)
Latt

Postby aderouineau » 02 Jul 2009, 15:46

If the error is "The application could not be started", that means the sample was still built...

If you want to try and run the application and it can't find the dll, try copying it to the same folder where the exe is in.
aderouineau

Postby Latt » 02 Jul 2009, 15:56

That's it ! Thanks a lot ! :D

Just out of curiosity - was I expected to do this because it is the usual process or is there something missing in the project settings ?
Latt

Postby aderouineau » 02 Jul 2009, 17:15

This has nothing to do with the project settings since the sample was built correctly.

It's still strange that putting the DLL in the SYSTEM32 folder did not work though. Can you try putting them in the WINDOWS folder?
aderouineau

Postby Latt » 02 Jul 2009, 19:36

If I move the dlls from the application folder to the Windows folder it works, too.
Latt

Postby aderouineau » 03 Jul 2009, 17:38

Ok good.

Please add [RESOLVED] to the beginning of the topic title, since your problem was resolved.
aderouineau

Re: [RESOLVED] Pocofoudationd.dll not found

Postby Latt » 04 Jul 2009, 00:18

Done. I was already looking for a button to set the topic to resolved, easier than I thought.

Again: Thank you very much for your help !
Latt

Re: [RESOLVED] Pocofoudationd.dll not found

Postby bashbobhash » 19 Jul 2009, 00:06

Can you remove the path once you are finished compiling?
bashbobhash

Return to Support