Overview
Features
Download
Documentation
Community
Add-Ons & Services

[RESOLVED] Building unit tests in Visual C++ Express 08

Please post support and help requests here.

[RESOLVED] Building unit tests in Visual C++ Express 08

Postby mikeF » 16 Jul 2009, 16:28

Hi,

Has anyone had success building Poco using Visual C++ Express 2008 as described in the Windows First Steps tutorial?

In particular, I can't get the unit tests to build - it seems CppUnit's WinTestRunner has a dependency on MFC, which Express doesn't contain. I downloaded the recommended SDK which includes some MFC headers (afxwin.h, etc). But it seems there may be a version incompatability, as I get the following output:

Code: Select all
Compiling...
WinTestRunner.cpp
TestRunnerDlg.cpp
c:\work\poco-1.3.5\cppunit\wintestrunner\src\progressbar.h(59) : error C2039: 'GetWindowInfo' : is not a member of 'CWnd'
        c:\program files\microsoft platform sdk for windows server 2003 r2\include\mfc\afxwin.h(1914) : see declaration of 'CWnd'
c:\work\poco-1.3.5\cppunit\wintestrunner\src\testrunnerdlg.cpp(68) : error C2039: 'Append' : is not a member of 'CString'
        c:\program files\microsoft platform sdk for windows server 2003 r2\include\mfc\afx.h(369) : see declaration of 'CString'
ProgressBar.cpp
c:\work\poco-1.3.5\cppunit\wintestrunner\src\progressbar.h(59) : error C2039: 'GetWindowInfo' : is not a member of 'CWnd'
        c:\program files\microsoft platform sdk for windows server 2003 r2\include\mfc\afxwin.h(1914) : see declaration of 'CWnd'
GUITestResult.cpp
DLLMain.cpp
ActiveTest.cpp
Generating Code...

Any ideas? It isn't essential for me to be able to run the unit tests - the library itself works great - but it would be nice to have the confidence of a full set of passing tests.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Edit: thanks for the help.

Mike
Last edited by mikeF on 08 Sep 2009, 15:15, edited 2 times in total.
mikeF

Re: Building unit tests in Visual C++ Express 08

Postby alex » 17 Jul 2009, 20:47

mikeF wrote:Any ideas? It isn't essential for me to be able to run the unit tests - the library itself works great - but it would be nice to have the confidence of a full set of passing tests.

I think what needs to be done is remove the WinTestRunner dependency and use command line test driver (same as POSIX platforms).
alex

Return to Support