Overview
Features
Download
Documentation
Community
Add-Ons & Services

[newbie] Creating a dll

Please post support and help requests here.

[newbie] Creating a dll

Postby cyberfox » 18 Jan 2008, 19:02

Hello everybody,

I'm a real newbie to the "POCO C++ Libraries" and I do have some problems in completing the tutorial for creating an own dll.

The problem is, if I set up everything as described and try to do a "make", it calls the g++ with the object files of all 4 profiles (debug static, debug share, release static, release share) when trying to create the "release share" library. I think this is not correct as it complains about having the same declarations more than once of course (in all 4 object files *.o).

Does anyone have an idea what is going wrong?

Thank you for any hint!

Timo
cyberfox

Re: [newbie] Creating a dll

Postby alex » 21 Jan 2008, 18:25

> The problem is, if I set up everything as described and try to do a "make", it calls the g++ with the object files of all 4 profiles (debug static, debug share, release static, release share) when trying to create the "release share" library. I think this is not correct as it complains about having the same declarations more than once of course (in all 4 object files *.o).

> Does anyone have an idea what is going wrong?

From the information you gave, it's hard to tell what exactly you are doing. Posting a simplest example that gives you the error could give us more information to work with.

A couple of guidelines to help you get your answer quicker:

* do not post long code or error printouts. Take your time and create a shortest possible example demonstrating your problem (e.g. one cpp file, one h file and Makefile) and post it here alongside with relevant subset of error messages.

* take your time to learn wiki syntax subset needed for the things you want to post and use preview feature to see how it appears before actually posting

Alex
alex

Return to Support