Overview
Features
Download
Documentation
Community
Add-Ons & Services

Build Error at 'Application.h' inclusion

Please post support and help requests here.

Build Error at 'Application.h' inclusion

Postby zzwf » 03 Aug 2009, 14:11

Hi,

I've been using Poco 1.3.5 under Windows and VS.NET but recently encountered this problem.

Although the Poco Libraries did build fine, the moment I include Application.h (and therein Mutex_WIN32.h) and start a biuld of my project VS is reporting this compile error:
Code: Select all
d:\middleware\poco-1.3.5\Foundation\include\Poco\Mutex_WIN32.h(89): error C3861: 'TryEnterCriticalSection': The compiler was not able to resolve a reference to an identifier, even using argument-dependent lookup.

Usually this error message follows:
Code: Select all
d:\middleware\poco-1.3.5\Util\include\Poco\Util\Application.h(409): fatal error C1055: Compilerlimit: The source file contains too many symbols. The compiler ran out of hash keys for the symbol table.

But this doesn't occur when I do a clean rebuild (at least not always - sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't; doesn't seem much deterministic :) ). And the MSDN article wasn't that helpful since my header files only include what's really necessary.
zzwf

Re: Build Error at 'Application.h' inclusion

Postby zzwf » 03 Aug 2009, 16:37

Addition: this two issues doesn't seem to be correlated. I got rid of this error by increasing the compiler memory usage. While the CompilerLimit error is gone is still got the strange identifier not found issues, but the entire VS platform SDK include path is visible (with windows.h and winbase.h) and include TryEnterCriticalSection so Poco should find it.
:?:
zzwf

Re: Build Error at 'Application.h' inclusion

Postby zzwf » 04 Aug 2009, 09:30

I changed the order of my include files (it seems it is somehow messed with the _WIN32_WINNT define according to this tipp) and moved Poco bevor the Boost::spirit include files. Now everythings compiles and works.
zzwf

Return to Support