Overview
Features
Download
Documentation
Community
Add-Ons & Services

Poco dead under snow leopard

Please post support and help requests here.

Poco dead under snow leopard

Postby raj2 » 08 Sep 2009, 20:51

Hi,

I just upgraded to snow leopard and got started using the new XCode. But before I did that:

1. Uninstalled old Poco libraries and include files
2. Recompile Poco and installed it

In XCode, it seems that the include files were messed up. So, I added the following fields to the project settings:

User Header Search Paths: /usr/local/include

Then compiled, things seem to work well. Running the program is another issue. I get this:

Null pointer: _pLogger in file "/usr/local/include/Poco/Util/Application.h", line 409

I am simply compiling the sample server example program. Any ideas on what might be casuing this?
raj2

Re: Poco dead under snow leopard

Postby guenter » 10 Sep 2009, 11:01

It's probably a linker settings thing. Does building from the command line, using POCO's build system work? What I do when I work with Xcode is simply using the POCO build system (New Project > Mac OS X > Other > External Build System) from Xcode which works for the most part, except that occasionally there are some glitches with the debugger.
guenter

Postby raj2 » 11 Sep 2009, 02:44

Hi guenter,

Yea, I actually compiled POCO on the command line and installed it. That wen't fine. In my project I have the libraries in there that I need and things compile fine. In fact, in Release mode they work great but in Debug mode it falls apart. Not really sure what the issue is.

If you are using Snow Leopard and having it work in Debug mode it would be great if we could figure out what the magic setting is.
raj2

Postby guenter » 22 Nov 2009, 18:46

See http://pocoproject.org/blog/?p=297
Should be fixed in 1.3.6
guenter

Postby electic » 25 Nov 2009, 18:27

electic

Postby guenter » 21 Dec 2009, 12:45

Also, see: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1416 ... ard-x-code

Unfortunately, POCO debug command line builds are broken as well under 10.6.

For now, I'm leaving things as they are. Everything works as expected on 10.5. For 10.6, edit the Darwin build configuration (and your Xcode project settings) to build with gcc 4.0 or disable the standard library debug mode.
guenter

Return to Support