Overview
Features
Download
Documentation
Community
Add-Ons & Services

Poco Libraries not building entirely

Please post support and help requests here.

Poco Libraries not building entirely

Postby Strejl » 04 Apr 2013, 19:08

Attempting to use Poco Libraries for the first time with Visual Studio Express 2010. I extracted the libraries to a folder "C:\Poco" and then used the Visual Studio Command Prompt to execute "buildwin 100 build all both Win32 samples vcexpress"

I then went on to write a simple console application which just runs a main function, but at the beginning includes the "Poco/Net/DNS.h" header file. In the project properties page, I have the VC++ directories set to add the include directories of "C:\Poco\Net\include" and "C:\Poco\Foundation\include", and have the Library Directories set to add "C:\Poco\lib"

When running the program, it complained about not being able to open "PocoFoundationd.lib". This file was never built in the library directory. Instead there is "PocoFoundationmt.lib", "PocoFoundationmd.lib", "PocoFoundationmdd.lib", and "PocoFoundationmtd.lib", but no "PocoFoundationd.lib". Attempting to solve the problem by rebuilding, I've run buildwin in lots of different parameter combinations, as well as running the build_vcexpress201.bat, but nothing I seem to do makes it build the correct files. I assume there are other files like this as well that aren't getting built.

Anyone have an idea on how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Strejl

Re: Poco Libraries not building entirely

Postby alex » 05 Apr 2013, 02:04

Strejl wrote:Anyone have an idea on how to solve this problem?

yes, build dynamic libraries or link with the static ones that you have already built.

We only support regular VS, VCExpress is not officially supported; we've been looking for a maintainer thereof for long time, see this, this, this and this - many people complain about the problem but nobody seems to want to own it.
alex

Re: Poco Libraries not building entirely

Postby dbarzo » 08 Apr 2013, 10:21

Hi,

just to note that I try to build the 1.5.1 as shared debug with MSBuild (VS2010 Professional) using this command:

Code: Select all
buildwin 100 build shared debug Win32 nosamples notests

but I get the error:

Code: Select all
MSBUILD : error MSB1001: unknown option.
Option: /build

Instead, using the devenv toolkit is build successfully.
The release version is built with no problems using both toolkits.

Regards,
Daniele.
dbarzo

Return to Support