Overview
Features
Download
Documentation
Community
Add-Ons & Services

XML on a socket

Please post support and help requests here.

XML on a socket

Postby cx500tc » 27 Aug 2008, 22:06

The application I`m writting will receive messages on a TCP Socket. These messages will be in XML format.

So far I`ve not been able to come up with a satisfactory solution. The best I`ve been able to do is to pass a SocketStream to a DOMParser via InputSource. This won`t work for me because the doc on InputSource says the input stream is closed and I don`t want to socket to be closed. Unless InputSource/SocketStream`s input stream is independant of the socket ?

Suggestion welcome?

cx500tc

Re: XML on a socket

Postby cx500tc » 28 Aug 2008, 15:02

> The application I`m writting will receive messages on a TCP Socket. These messages will be in XML format.
>
> So far I`ve not been able to come up with a satisfactory solution. The best I`ve been able to do is to pass a SocketStream to a DOMParser via InputSource. This won`t work for me because the doc on InputSource says the input stream is closed and I don`t want to socket to be closed. Unless InputSource/SocketStream`s input stream is independant of the socket ?
>
> Suggestion welcome?
>
>

I made some test, and the DOMParser needs the have to socket close to detect the end of the XML data. I have not found a way to send two XML data set back to back on the same socket.
cx500tc

Return to Support