Overview
Features
Download
Documentation
Community
Add-Ons & Services

GitHub Downloads

General discussion regarding the development of POCO for contributors.

GitHub Downloads

Postby guenter » 18 Dec 2012, 12:09

Well, since GitHub has removed their Downloads feature a few days ago, this leaves us in a bit of dilemma. We could go back to SourceForge, but I don't really like that option. Since our download packages are rather small, I'd suggest creating a new GitHub repository and putting downloads there. We'll lose download statistics, but this can be worked around with Google Analytics.
guenter

Re: GitHub Downloads

Postby marlowabnp » 25 Feb 2014, 19:29

guenter wrote:Well, since GitHub has removed their Downloads feature a few days ago, this leaves us in a bit of dilemma. We could go back to SourceForge, but I don't really like that option. Since our download packages are rather small, I'd suggest creating a new GitHub repository and putting downloads there. We'll lose download statistics, but this can be worked around with Google Analytics.
Where are we with this please? I want to get a version of poco to work with to make some contributions and don't know where the best place is to get a copy. I think I want version 1.5.2 (unless there is a more recent version). Do I fork from the sandbox on github?
marlowabnp

Postby cristiantm » 26 Feb 2014, 14:42

If you want to contribute, you should fork the github repository, is the best way to do it now
https://github.com/pocoproject

Fork it, add what you want to contribute (probably in the developer branch, or in a new branch if you have might have more than one contribution to push), commit to your fork and when ready create a pull request from your fork to pocoproject repository.
cristiantm

Postby alex » 26 Feb 2014, 21:39

Repository to fork is

Code: Select all
https://github.com/pocoproject/poco

Small contributions and fixes in develop branch, bigger ones as a separate branch. See "A successful Git branching model"
alex

Return to Contributors