Overview
Features
Download
Documentation
Community
Add-Ons & Services

User Deletion Policy

Announcements from the site admins regarding the forum.

User Deletion Policy

Postby guenter » 18 May 2009, 12:14

Since we get way too many fake user registrations by robots in this forum, we are forced to introduce a new account deletion policy in this forum. We do require a valid email address for account registration, but it seems those damn robots are now intelligent enough to deal with email account confirmations as well. From now on, we will regularly delete all user accounts that do not have at least one post. So, if you don't want your account to be deleted a few days after registration, make sure to post a message in any forum. Why not write a short post to introduce yourself in the Users forum?
Anyway, we are sorry for any inconvenience this might cause.
guenter

Re: User Deletion Policy

Postby lazalong » 19 May 2009, 03:01

IMO this is a bit harsh. I can imagine that their are people that follow the forum without the need to send a post. Especially newbies that lurk a bit to know Poco. You might upset potential new users.

In our project we also have this problem of bots but I realised that those fake accounts only benefit if they have a website defined in their profile . So if the website points to something clearly junk then I delete it. It is also easier to manage as there are less members with a website defined than members without a post 8-)

Regards
lazalong

Return to Announcements