Overview
Features
Download
Documentation
Community
Add-Ons & Services

problem when compiling IO

Please post support and help requests here.

problem when compiling IO

Postby Amine » 10 May 2007, 15:56

When I try to compile IO, I have 3 erros:
.includePoco/IO/SerialConfig_POSIX.h(45) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'termios.h': No such file or directory
c:\_userslaadharidevpocopocoiosrcSerialChannel_WIN32.cpp(82) : error C3861: 'CreateFile': identifier not found
c:\_userslaadharidevpocopocoiosrcSerialChannel_WIN32.cpp(214) : error C3861: 'FormatMessage': identifier not found

I am using VC++ express edition. I don't understand why VS is trying to compile SerialConfig_POSIX.h ?
For the other errors, I have already installed Platfrom SDK and Microsoft SDK and I added the paths to the projects, and I don't understand why could not identify CreateFile and FormatMessage functions.

Do you have any ideas ?
Thanks
Amine

Re: problem when compiling IO

Postby alex » 11 May 2007, 20:32

> When I try to compile IO, I have 3 erros:
> .includePoco/IO/SerialConfig_POSIX.h(45) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'termios.h': No such file or directory

I don't know why are you having this problem. I do not experience it with either VS71 or VS80.

> c:\_userslaadharidevpocopocoiosrcSerialChannel_WIN32.cpp(82) : error C3861: 'CreateFile': identifier not found
> c:\_userslaadharidevpocopocoiosrcSerialChannel_WIN32.cpp(214) : error C3861: 'FormatMessage': identifier not found

The reason is a new header - UnWindows.h (the name indeed sounds like a part of an anti-Redmond campaign ;-), which is causing your troubles. See comments in the header for explanation.
Also, as of 1.3, POCO_WIN32_UTF8 is enabled by default in Foundation (Config.h). The IO code that compiles and passes tests with 1.3. on Windows is in freshly submitted in SVN.

> I am using VC++ express edition. I don't understand why VS is trying to compile SerialConfig_POSIX.h ?
> For the other errors, I have already installed Platfrom SDK and Microsoft SDK and I added the paths to the projects, and I don't understand why could not identify CreateFile and FormatMessage functions.
>
> Do you have any ideas ?

Partially - the (Uni)code/Unwindows fix is in SVN. As for compiling POSIX on Windows, I can't offer much help other than saying make sure you have POCO_OS_FAMILY_WINDOWS #define'd.

Alex
alex

Re: Re: problem when compiling IO

Postby Amine » 13 May 2007, 19:41

I tried with the fixed version. In debug mode it compiles fine but in release mode I have this error fatal error C1083: Impossible d'ouvrir le fichier include : 'termios.h' : No such file or directory
I tried by using the POCO_OS_FAMILY_WINDOWS define but it did not work.
Amine

Re: Re: problem when compiling IO

Postby Amine » 13 May 2007, 20:54

I tried with visual project 7 file. It compiles fine ! I don't know why it did not work with visual studio 8 project file.
Amine

Re: Re: Re: problem when compiling IO

Postby alex » 14 May 2007, 00:23

> I tried with the fixed version. In debug mode it compiles fine but in release mode I have this error fatal error C1083: Impossible d'ouvrir le fichier include : 'termios.h' : No such file or directory
> I tried by using the POCO_OS_FAMILY_WINDOWS define but it did not work.

The file is not excluded from build in release configuration of the VS80 project file. Update is in SVN now. I'm not sure what IDE you are using, but usually the way to exclude a file is is to right click on SerialConfig_POSIX.cpp and select Properties from the pop-up menu.

Then select :

Code: Select all

Configuration Properties => General => Excluded From Build => 'Yes'

Otherwise, Visual Studio is trying to compile it regardless of POCO_OS_FAMILY_WINDOWS being defined.

Alex
alex

Return to Support