Overview
Features
Download
Documentation
Community
Add-Ons & Services

NetworkInterface::forAddress problem in 1.30

Please post support and help requests here.

NetworkInterface::forAddress problem in 1.30

Postby pdemasco » 09 Jul 2007, 20:09

I am trying to get my app working with 1.30 and I am running into a new failure condition in NetworkInterface::forAddress().

If I pass my machine's network address (e.g., 192.168.1.118), it throws an exception. This did not happen. The aparent cause is the fact that the network interfaces are now stored in a form where they are combined with the subnet mask. For example, the network interface stored with the above address is 192.168.1.255. Hence the failure when I pass in the above address. I would have expected the comparison in forAddress() to account for the subnet mask, but perhaps I am misunderstanding the intent of the function.

Thanks,
Patrick
pdemasco

Re: NetworkInterface::forAddress problem in 1.30

Postby alex » 18 Jul 2007, 15:30

> I am trying to get my app working with 1.30 and I am running into a new failure condition in NetworkInterface::forAddress().
>
> If I pass my machine's network address (e.g., 192.168.1.118), it throws an exception. This did not happen. The aparent cause is the fact that the network interfaces are now stored in a form where they are combined with the subnet mask. For example, the network interface stored with the above address is 192.168.1.255. Hence the failure when I pass in the above address. I would have expected the comparison in forAddress() to account for the subnet mask, but perhaps I am misunderstanding the intent of the function.

I could not reproduce this behavior. I am a bit confused by the terminology, though. When you say "network address", you mean IP address, right?
alex

Re: NetworkInterface::forAddress problem in 1.30

Postby guenter » 18 Jul 2007, 23:04

Unfortunately, the NetworkInterface class in 1.3 is severly broken (you can blame me ;-) - see also the bug reports on Sourceforge). A fix should already be in the SVN trunk.
guenter

Return to Support