Overview
Features
Download
Documentation
Community
Add-Ons & Services

Refreshing logging settings

Please post support and help requests here.
rd

Refreshing logging settings

Postby rd » 16 Oct 2007, 13:36

Hi,

I would like to be able to change the logging settings of a running program.

The first problem is to refresh the logging configuration. At the moment I'm using a PropertyFileConfiguration file to configure the settings, but there doesn't seem to be a way to make it reload the properties file. What is the best solution for this ?

After the configuration is updated, I think I should use the following code to update the logging subsystem:

LoggingConfigurator configurator;
configurator.configure(&this->config());

This seems to work, but sometimes I have the problem that the AsyncStream blocks forever in its destructor. Is it not allowed to reconfigure the logging subsystem?

Thanks,

Ronny

alex

Re: Refreshing logging settings

Postby alex » 21 Oct 2007, 01:16

> The first problem is to refresh the logging configuration. At the moment I'm using a PropertyFileConfiguration file to configure the settings, but there doesn't seem to be a way to make it reload the properties file. What is the best solution for this ?

These two PropertyFileConfiguration methods look like the best candidates for the task:

Code: Select all

void load(std::istream& istr);
   /// Loads the configuration data from the given stream, which
   /// must be in properties file format.

void load(const std::string& path);
   /// Loads the configuration data from the given file, which
   /// must be in properties file format.

> After the configuration is updated, I think I should use the following code to update the logging subsystem:
>
> LoggingConfigurator configurator;
> configurator.configure(&this->config());
>
> This seems to work, but sometimes I have the problem that the AsyncStream blocks forever in its destructor. Is it not allowed to reconfigure the logging subsystem?

I couldn't find any association between 'AsyncStream' (I assume you are doing something with AsyncStreamChannel) and LoggingConfigurator. You should provide some code.

Alex

Return to “Support”