Poco::Data is not set up for static linkage.

General discussion regarding the development of POCO for contributors.
hersto

Poco::Data is not set up for static linkage.

Postby hersto » 21 Dec 2007, 04:19

Hi all,

i found that in the VC 7.1 projects there are build configurations for all 4 combinations of Debug/Release and static/dynamic linkage, except for the Data and ODBC components, which provide only dynamic linkage.

a) Is there a reason for this?

b) Does the gmake based build system for Linux and others support static linkage on all components?

c) i managed to add static linkage for Data and ODBC (Windows/VC7.1 only of course). Can i provide a patch to the .vcproj files? If so, how to do?

hersto

alex

Re: Poco::Data is not set up for static linkage.

Postby alex » 21 Dec 2007, 04:40

> i found that in the VC 7.1 projects there are build configurations for all 4 combinations of Debug/Release and static/dynamic linkage, except for the Data and ODBC components, which provide only dynamic linkage.
>
> a) Is there a reason for this?

Yes, shortage of the most precious resource - time ;-)

> b) Does the gmake based build system for Linux and others support static linkage on all components?

Yes.

> c) i managed to add static linkage for Data and ODBC (Windows/VC7.1 only of course). Can i provide a patch to the .vcproj files? If so, how to do?

Thank you.

Post it either in this forum or on Sourceforge

Alex

alex

Re: Poco::Data is not set up for static linkage.

Postby alex » 21 Dec 2007, 04:56

> c) i managed to add static linkage for Data and ODBC (Windows/VC7.1 only of course). Can i provide a patch to the .vcproj files? If so, how to do?

Make sure to patch against the most recent SVN version, things have changed recently.

Alex

Return to “Contributors”