Overview
Features
Download
Documentation
Community
Add-Ons & Services

TCP Server Socket question

Please post support and help requests here.

TCP Server Socket question

Postby eswanson@staudertech.com » 06 Feb 2008, 15:41

We have an application that utilitiies the TCP Server socket. This works great except, we have a need to send a response packet back to all of the sockets that connected to the server socket.

How can I get to this list? Is there a way to make a list of these sockets that connected to the tcp server socket, so that we can send a packets back through it?

Thanks

Eric
eswanson@staudertech.com

Re: TCP Server Socket question

Postby alex » 06 Feb 2008, 18:07

> How can I get to this list? Is there a way to make a list of these sockets that connected to the tcp server socket, so that we can send a packets back through it?

You can create your own server (inherit from TCPServerConnection)
with its own connection factory (inherit from TCPServerConnectionFactory). The place where you'll receive the sockets from the framework is
Code: Select all

YourConnectionFactory::createConnection(const StreamSocket&)

That is your place to build a list of them.

HTH

Alex

P.S. I believe you have logged in using your email as username so it shows in the forum now. I'm guessing you did not want that to happen. I believe if I edit your entry it will replace your username with mine, so let me know if you want me to do it. Otherwise, I guess someone from appinf should change the entry directly in the db (I was not able to find the way using Tiki options).
alex

Re: Re: TCP Server Socket question

Postby alex » 06 Feb 2008, 19:08

A couple of corrections:

> You can create your own server (inherit from TCPServerConnection)

* I meant TCPServer, not TCPServerConnection.
* You can probably do without custom server, just having your own factory should suffice

Alex
alex

Return to Support