Documentation
Community
Add-Ons & Services

iOS and POCO, issue with OSX 10.7 sdk?

A general discussion forum.

iOS and POCO, issue with OSX 10.7 sdk?

Postby kvasko2 » 11 Apr 2012, 19:52

Hello,

I am currently working with the iTorqued 2D game engine, and currently adding to it networking functionality via POCO. Specifically, I am creating an SMTP client using the SMTPClientSession. The functionality provided by POCO really looks great.

After importing the static libraries and headers needed, I attempted to rebuild the game engine. I am running into a problem where Xcode, or really the compiler, thinks the "new" operator is being implemented more than once. This creates a "Semantic Issue", meaning it cannot decide which new operator to use.

I only get this problem when attempting to build the engine with my SMTP client class, which imports Poco::Net::SMTPClientSession.h.

Only if I attempt to include this header, or any other Poco header, do I get the "new" operator conflict.

The "new" operator definitions that conflict are an OSX 10.7 sdk definition and a definition that is part of the iTorque 2D game engine. So, yes, it is not one of POCO's. However, only when I include a POCO header (have tried a couple just to see) to I get this conflict.

The compiler error directs me to the include of <string> in Foundation.h.

I am assuming that I may need a compiler flag, might be setting up the static libraries improperly, or something. Seeing as I am knew to Xcode and modifying an engine I did not build, I am just wondering if anybody has any suggestions.

I will also be posting this on the game engine's forums, as I know this might be something more to do with their end.

Thanks for your time.
kvasko2

Re: iOS and POCO, issue with OSX 10.7 sdk?

Postby kvasko2 » 18 Apr 2012, 18:58

Right, got it all sorted out.

Just replaced the game engine's redefinition of the new operator and made sure the MacOSX10.7 sdk one was included at the right point.
kvasko2

Re: iOS and POCO, issue with OSX 10.7 sdk?

Postby Cole001 » 09 May 2012, 11:05

Hello,

I agree with the kvasko2.

Thanks,
Cole
Cole001

Return to General Discussion