alex wrote:With Premake, the main obstacle for POCO was that it wasn't able to generate the grouping filters in Visual Studio. Eventually, I hacked it up few months ago with a recent version but by that time Günter already had ProGen so we kept it.
The feature you mentioned was added to Premake 4.4 beta recently and it works for me.
To prove that I just added a repos for premake build script, please check it out:
1. Enter "premake" directory
2. Execute the desired script generation bat file (vs2003, vs2005, vs2008, vs2010)
3. Load the solution files generated in the target directory
* Note1: Only "Cache" and "RegularExpression" groups were created (it's late today and I will add all groups later).
* Note2: Tested with vs2005, vs2008 and vs2010.
* Note3: this commit is supposed to show the visual studio filtering&group feature and the built libraries (config: dll, mt, md, platform: win32, x64 ) are not tested for now.
* Note4: Testcases and samples will be added later. Also scripts for other compoments will be added if necessary.