Overview
Features
Download
Documentation
Community
Add-Ons & Services

Angstrom on BeagleBoard-xM

Please post support and help requests here.

Angstrom on BeagleBoard-xM

Postby flomll » 12 Jul 2012, 13:45

Hello guy's,

I would like to build POCO for angstrom linux to use on beagle board xm. I get no errors on build process but if I build my application. My application runs perfectly on the host PC but I can not test it on the board. I use the compiler from http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/to ... in.tar.bz2.

My hello world applications runs on the beagle board but without libPoco*

The errors are:

/usr/local/angstrom/arm/lib/gcc/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/4.3.3/../../../../arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: Warning: /usr/local/angstrom/arm/lib/poco-1.4.3p1/lib/libPocoNet.so: Unknown EABI object attribute 34
/usr/local/angstrom/arm/lib/gcc/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/4.3.3/../../../../arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: Warning: /usr/local/angstrom/arm/lib/poco-1.4.3p1/lib/libPocoXML.so: Unknown EABI object attribute 34
/usr/local/angstrom/arm/lib/gcc/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/4.3.3/../../../../arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: Warning: /usr/local/angstrom/arm/lib/poco-1.4.3p1/lib/libPocoFoundation.so: Unknown EABI object attribute 34
/usr/local/angstrom/arm/lib/gcc/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/4.3.3/../../../../arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: Warning: /usr/local/angstrom/arm/lib/poco-1.4.3p1/lib/libPocoDataSQLite.so: Unknown EABI object attribute 34
/usr/local/angstrom/arm/lib/gcc/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/4.3.3/../../../../arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: Warning: /usr/local/angstrom/arm/lib/poco-1.4.3p1/lib/libPocoUtil.so: Unknown EABI object attribute 34
/usr/local/angstrom/arm/lib/gcc/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/4.3.3/../../../../arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: Warning: /usr/local/angstrom/arm/lib/poco-1.4.3p1/lib/libPocoData.so: Unknown EABI object attribute 34
/usr/local/angstrom/arm/lib/poco-1.4.3p1/lib/libPocoNet.so: undefined reference to `__aeabi_atexit@CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3'
/usr/local/angstrom/arm/lib/poco-1.4.3p1/lib/libPocoXML.so: undefined reference to `std::_List_node_base::_M_unhook()@GLIBCXX_3.4.14'
/usr/local/angstrom/arm/lib/poco-1.4.3p1/lib/libPocoXML.so: undefined reference to `std::_List_node_base::_M_hook(std::_List_node_base*)@GLIBCXX_3.4.14'
/usr/local/angstrom/arm/lib/poco-1.4.3p1/lib/libPocoFoundation.so: undefined reference to `std::ctype<char>::_M_widen_init() const@GLIBCXX_3.4.11'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [CentralServer] Error 1
flomll

Re: Angstrom on BeagleBoard-xM

Postby flomll » 12 Jul 2012, 13:48

Oh and I configured the build like this:

./configure --config=ARM-Linux --prefix=/usr/local/arm-linux-lib/poco-1.4.3p1 --omit=Data/ODBC,Data/MySQL,NetSSL_OpenSSL,Crypto,PageCompiler --no-samples --no-tests
flomll

Postby Royce » 12 Jul 2012, 16:05

Unfortunately I don't have a definite solution for you.

However, I have a Beagle Bone and will at some point attempt to use Poco on it. From the googling I've done on "__aeabi_atexit@CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3" the issue seems to be an old version of libstdc++. So I think you need to see about getting it updated.

Good luck!
Royce

Postby flomll » 12 Jul 2012, 16:35

Now I downloaded the Basic Edition and configured like:

./configure --config=Angstrom

After the process I copied to the BB and tested the EchoServer. I runs perfectly.

So I will test my application and it display some errors. But the errors from the new libraries are fixed. Only the libPocoDataSQLite.so from the POCO-complete version has mistakes.

Can any one help?
flomll

Postby flomll » 12 Jul 2012, 17:09

I do the same with the complete edition and the libPocoDataSQLite.so display no errors. My application, however already!

My next step is to build the application again with the new toolchain. If I got the application to work correctly I will post here the solution of the problem and the libraries If anyone would like to have.
flomll

Return to Support