Overview
Features
Download
Documentation
Community
Add-Ons & Services

POCO RaspBerry Pi

Please post support and help requests here.

POCO RaspBerry Pi

Postby throstur62 » 22 Nov 2012, 18:57

Hi,
Has anyone tried to make POCO on RaspBerryPi with Raspian (Debian). I just tried to make it and got this error message after compiling all the files:

** Compiling src/pcre_tables.c (debug, shared)
** Compiling src/SyslogChannel.cpp (debug, shared)
** Building shared library (debug) /home/pi/projects/eclipse/temp/poco-1.4.5-all/lib/Linux/armv6l/libPocoFoundationd.so.15
ln: failed to create symbolic link `/home/pi/projects/eclipse/temp/poco-1.4.5-all/lib/Linux/armv6l/libPoc oFoundationd.so': Operation not supported
make[1]: *** [/home/pi/projects/eclipse/temp/poco-1.4.5-all/lib/Linux/armv6l/libPocoFoundationd.so.15] Error 1
make: *** [Foundation-libexec] Error 2

I'm pretty new to this Linux stuff and can't rely figure out what those error message indicate.

I Di the config such:
./configure --omit=Data/ODBC,Data/MySQL
and then:
make -s

Another question is why all the compiles saying (debug, shared)
That is to say dose the "debug" mean it is compiled with debugging options on?
Regards
Throstur62
throstur62

Re: POCO RaspBerry Pi

Postby bakercp » 17 Jan 2013, 21:14

We are using Poco extensively on RPi over in the openFrameworks port for Raspberry Pi (https://github.com/openFrameworks-Raspb ... Frameworks)

I believe we compiled 1.4.3 with something like this:

./configure --no-tests --no-samples --static --poquito --omit=Data/MySQL --omit=Data/SQLite --omit=Data/ODBC --omit=NetSSL_OpenSSL --omit=Crypto
bakercp

Re: POCO RaspBerry Pi

Postby alex » 17 Jan 2013, 22:38

throstur62 wrote:I'm pretty new to this Linux stuff and can't rely figure out what those error message indicate.

It compiles ok but it can't create symbolic link to the binary.
throstur62 wrote:Another question is why all the compiles saying (debug, shared)
That is to say dose the "debug" mean it is compiled with debugging options on?

By default both debug and release is built. Since your build fails on creating the symlink to debug binary, you never make it to release stage.

I plan to look into RPi build soon (before April).
alex

Return to Support