Detect disconnect durring chunked response

Please post support and help requests here.
zarnce

Detect disconnect durring chunked response

Postby zarnce » 16 Jan 2013, 00:50

Is there any way to determine if the connection was lost durring a long running chunked http session?

Thanks
Brian

bakercp

Re: Detect disconnect durring chunked response

Postby bakercp » 17 Jan 2013, 21:05

Hey, I am dealing with a similar issue -- the way I detect a disconnect (say a tab being closed, etc) is to do the following in my HTTPRequestHandler::handleRequest method:

Code: Select all

std::ostream& ostr = response.send(); // get output stream

while(ostr.good()) {
             ostr << "hello"; // write to the output stream
        }

// ostr.good() is != true as soon as the client disconnects.

My problem comes when the server thread is being cleaned up. I am using 1.4.3 on OSX and my program dies with a SIGPIPE error after the HTTPRequestHandler has been destroyed. Not sure why and perhaps it is fixed in a newer version of Poco.

zarnce

Postby zarnce » 17 Jan 2013, 23:40

That looks like a good solution. I found a different way but it involves adding connected method to HTTPServerResponse. I was just about to request a pull when I saw your post. I saw that HTTPServerResponseImpl holds the Session. When a read or write fails an exception is held. So I was going to make a check for that.

bool HTTPServerResponseImpl::connected() const
{
return _session.networkException() == nullptr;
}

I tested with 1.4.6 and 1.5.1 and did not see the SIGPIPE.

Brian

clay

Postby clay » 18 Jan 2013, 20:25

bakercp wrote:My problem comes when the server thread is being cleaned up. I am using 1.4.3 on OSX and my program dies with a SIGPIPE error after the HTTPRequestHandler has been destroyed. Not sure why and perhaps it is fixed in a newer version of Poco.

I'm running on WinCE, and I see an exception get raised and printed to the console when the RequestHandler gets destroyed, however my process does not die. Perhaps this is the same problem?

Return to “Support”