I have committed your changes
and consolidated the script somewhat. Now it will build projects instead of solutions. In order to prevent building solution, though, you have to remove it from the directory, otherwise the brain dead devenv finds and uses it.
I have many other things to tend to and I was wondering if you would be willing to put in a little bit more work to build Poco without MFC dependency? See one of my previous posts
on what needs to be done. It's not a whole lot of work.
The proper solution would be, step by step:
1) split CppUnit and WinTestRunner into separate solutions (although this is easier and not critical now because, if you remove CppUnit.sln, only CppUnit.vcproj project will be built)
2) remove WinTestRunner link dependency from all testsuites VS configurations (this is simple - a find/replace on all TestSuite.vcproj files in any text editor)
3) put WinTestRunner dependency in code with #ifdef and #pragma comment (see e.g Foundation.h for an example how to do this)
4) #ifdef code in all project testsuites to use WinTestRunner or just command line Driver as described in my post
Two more things would be required here:
5) General -> Use of MFC -> Use Standard Windows Libraries (instead of Use MFC in a Shared DLL)
6) Linker -> System -> Console (/SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE) (instead of Windows (/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS))