A fresh Bjarne Stroustrup’s interview .
A first beta of the upcoming Poco 1.3 release is available for download.
– added HashMap, HashSet classes
– added Poco::Tuple
– added AbstractCache::getAllKeys(), improved performance of the get operation
– fixed AbstractCache::size() to do cache replacement before returning the size
– added additional match() method to RegularExpression and documented the fact that the simple
match() method internally sets RE_ANCHORED and RE_NOTEMPTY.
– added ExpirationDecorator template. Decorates data types so that they can be used with UniqueExpireCaches
– added operator ! to AutoPtr and SharedPtr
– Buffer uses std::size_t instead of int
– Exception::what() now returns exception name instead of message
– added poco_ndc_dbg() macro (same as poco_ndc(), but only enabled in debug builds)
– added Environment::get(name, defaultValue);
– Foundation.h now includes Config.h at the very beginning.
– added replace() and replaceInPlace() to Poco/String.h
– added AutoPtr::assign() and SharedPtr::assign()
– added operator () to AbstractEvent
– gcc Makefiles now strip release builds
– Void now has a == and != operator