Submitted code works and it comes with two samples – one showing how to create a text document and one with embedded image.
Here’s a list of outstanding items for this effort to be released:
- VS 71 and VS 90 solution and project files (only VS 80 and Makefiles are current now)
- attempt to establish some cooperation with Haru maintainers to:
- get rid of MSVC warnings (mainly narrowing and signedness implicit conversions)
- use freetype for fonts (there are some reports that loading TTF fonts on Mac does not work well and Haru’s font handling is rudimentary)
- write tests
- write more samples
- ? export zlib functions from Foundation so we do not have to duplicate code in PDF ?
As usual, it would be really nice if someone would step up and volunteer to complete this. I will also post a message on Haru forum.
Here’s a snippet of code:
Page page = document;
Font helv = document.font("Helvetica");
std::string hello = "Hello PDF World from ";
float textWidth = page.textWidth(hello);
float textBegin = (page.getWidth() - textWidth) / 2;
page.writeOnce(textBegin, page.getHeight() - 50, hello);
Image image = document.loadPNGImage(pngFile.path());
page.drawImage(image, textBegin + textWidth / 2 - image.width() / 2,
page.getHeight() - 100 - image.height(),
And voila! – here’s the resulting document: