I am happy to announce the official release and availability of POCO 1.3!
Here’s a summary of what is new in 1.3:
- HashMap and HashSet classes (Foundation)
- Tuple class template (Foundation)
- SharedMemory class (Foundation)
- FileStream, FileInputStream, FileOutputStream classes that support Unicode (UTF-8) filenames on Windows (Foundation)
- improvements and bugfixes in the Net library, mostly HTTP
- DynamicAny class (Foundation)
- improvements to NetworkInterface class (Net)
- Condition class, implementing POSIX condition variable-style thread synchronization (Foundation)
- upgraded to PCRE 7.1 (Foundation)
- improved Unicode/UTF-8 support
- NodeAppender class for faster DOM tree creation (XML)
- Checksum class (Foundation)
- lots of bugfixes and other improvements – please see the CHANGELOG for details
The detailed changelog can be found here.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release, by sending code, bug reports or feature requests.
For those of you waiting for POCO Data, this will be released later this week, as Alex and I need to fix some more things.
I hope you’ll like it.
Günter (now going for a beer to celebrate the release)